Constitution Day is September 17. This is an opportunity to incorporate civic learning into the classroom or dinner table discussion. Good discussion topics include the role of the President as defined in the Constitution, Bill of Rights, the First Amendment (Freedom of Speech), Voting Rights and more. There are many excellent resources and lesson plans available, covering just a few minutes to entire class periods and more.
- GenerationNation Election 2012: Role of the President
- Constitution Center High Middle Elementary
- First Amendment
- iCivics Constitution Day
- Kids Voting USA - lessons about suffrage
- New York Times Learning Network (includes a good idea for global studies)
- Civic Education Consortium - search database for Constitution Day