- The Executive branch includes the President and the Vice President, plus the leaders who head different parts of government and who help the President make decisions (The Cabinet). The President approves laws, and ensures the country follows them.
- The Judicial branch includes the court system, with the Supreme Court having the highest (most) power. The courts decide how laws are used and what they mean.
- The Legislative branch includes Congress, made up of the House of Representatives and the Senate. In this branch, leaders create laws.
- Executive - NC Governor
- Legislative - NC General Assembly
- Judicial - NC Court system (more information)
- Executive - Mayor of Charlotte, Mayors of towns
- Legislative - County Commission, City Council, town councils
- Judicial - Sheriff and Courts
Learn moreBen's Guide to US Government
Separation of Powers
> US Constitution
> NC Constitution